February is turning out to be a very positive month.
- Just cleared my mailbox of spam. I had about 19500 email in my inbox to scan through, since I haven't really checked it since my European trip (August 2003). Very surprised that it only took me about 2 hours to do; in the end there were about 30 non-spam messages.
- I went to this trouble because Pobox, my email provider, installed an improved spam filtering system, so that mail from disreputable sources are put into a discard mailbox that I can check whenever (and recover messages that actually turn out to be legitimate). So from now on, I can look forward to a relatively spam-free inbox. :-)
- Dinner with some long-lost friends this weekend!
- Bowie concert the next!
- Two weeks after that, I start my teaching course, yay!
- Birthdays coming up this month (in chronological order): ordinary_boy, someare, tigerpig, Fraser, and tenbaset. (And no, I still don't have a diary or any other reminder system, just pure straight memorisation. Apologies if I missed anyone.)
- I have other good news that I can't yet publicise. ;-)