Given the lack of social events this weekend, I've taken to upgrading my home network. The 10/100 hub has been replaced with a fast-ethernet switch, supporting 100baseTX full-duplex (here's hoping). Yep, the day has finally come. :-).
And on that note, I've written some notes on how I want to improve my home network. Some ideas have been drafted, though even now I've found improvements to that design. But my gosh, will my pocket be deflated by the time I get through all this!
I've also installed the Java 2 SDK, version 1.4. Yep, the long-awaited release has occurred, and in shorter time than it takes for Debian to make a release. :-) Time to write a Jabber client as a Java applet (1.4 has built-in support for XML processing).
I've been meaning to do some ambitious projects in Java (mostly involving JSP/servlet stuff). Sarah has expressed interest in doing pair programming in the near future as well; I wonder if this would get anywhere interesting. I've been meaning to try out pair programming for ages….